Stationed at: Ramstein Air Base, Germany
From the 569th United States Forces Police Squadron, TSgt Robert Graves is the USAFE NCO of the Year for 2011.
Here are some of TSgt Graves' Accomplishments for the Year:
- Honored as the Air Force Security Forces Staff Level NCO of Year for 2011
- Received USAFE's Air Force Sergeants Association Pitsenbarger Award
- Received USAFE's Noncommissioned Officer Association Vanguard Award
- Deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, Regional Command East Afghanistan, from December 2010 to June 2011. Awarded Joint Service Commendation Medal
- Led six as the USCENTCOM Joint Staff Integrated Vulnerability Assessment Noncommissioned Officer in Charge--built 17 Force Protection and Threat Working Groups for 18 Forward Operating Bases & the Gaza Strip
- Saved injured Special Operations Forces member's life after IED attack; splinted open fracture & initiated a medical evacuation. For his actions, he was coined and praised by his Forward Operations Base Commander
- Solely breached burning building during rocket-propelled grenade attack; evacuated injured & administered Combat Life Skills, saving three lives. He was awarded the Army Combat Action Badge, along with the Joint Service Achievement Medal
- Received 86th Mission Support Group Lance P. Sijan Leadership award by leading 4 Airmen to complete 9 CLEP's & 5 Bachelor of Arts courses courses, and by garnering 1 annual & 2 quarterly award winners. He also prepped two Airmen for the United States Army Air Assault course
- Stabilized child with 3rd degree burns; carried victim 3/4 of a mile to Egyptian hospital where the Dr. stated that his actions saved the child's life
- Joint Staff Integrated Vulnerability Assessment NCO of the 1st Quarter 2011. Chosen over 19 NCOs by Division Chief...outperformed peers from 4 services--set the bar!
- CENTCOM team leader for Egypt assessment; 1st in after riots & regime change--findings fused with State Department and set national threat level